Animated StoryBook: Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree is a PC video game released in 1995.
Disney's Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree is for children of all ages but is targeted at preschoolers through first graders. This CD-ROM focuses on both comprehension and word recognition (reading skills) through an explorative approach.
Winnie the Pooh is a funny bear. He lives in the Hundred Acre Woods behind the house of Christopher Robin, along with his friends Rabbit, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Owl, and Tigger. Like most bears, Pooh likes honey. In fact, it's his favorite thing to eat. So, when Pooh wakes up one morning only to discover that all his honey jars are empty, it's up to him to find more for breakfast. Unfortunately for Pooh, his love for the sweet sticky stuff gets him in more trouble than he'd bargained for. After being foiled at the bee tree, Pooh eats all of Rabbit's honey and gets stuck in Rabbit's door. Though his friends try pushing and pulling, he's stuck. All they can do is wait for him to lose weight.
- Learn to read with the gang from Hundred Acre Wood.
- Includes four games that introduce youngsters to beginning learning skills.
- Sing songs with Pooh and catch butterflies with Roo.
- Is capable of setting to Spanish-language mode.
- Piglet does not appear in the story, but he is the guide on the main menu and a toy game.
- Tigger does not appear in the story either, but he does make a cameo on one of the pages.