"The Case of the Disappeared Donkey" is the first segment of the forty-eighth episode of The Book of Pooh.
Case of the Disappeared Donkey
|Season 2, Episode 48a|
November 22, 2004
- Tigger: How could I have missed it? It's always about sandwiches.
- Tigger: Time to come clean, Pinky.
- Piglet: Am I dirty?
- Tigger: That's a question only you know the answer to.
- Tigger: (film noir) It was beginning to feel like a wild donkey chase. Maybe I was being played for a patsy. Maybe the bird and the bear were in cahoots. Whatever that is. Maybe everybody was in on it but me.
- Pooh: Well, now that I think of it, I seem to remember that I did see Eeyore this morning, in the meadow. He-he had a basketful of bread, I believe.
- Tigger: So, your memory's getting better all the time. (film noir style) The bear knew something after all.
- Pooh: Oh, Tigger, who are you talking to?
- Tigger: Nobody. (lapsing back into film noir) I told him I wasn't talking to nobody or anybody. You get the idea.
- Pooh: I'm rather confused.
- Tigger: You and everybody else.
- Tigger: So you wanna play games, do ya'?
- Pooh: Well, I suppose I could play some games. Pooh sticks is very nice. Oh, and so is croquet.
- Tigger: (speaking into the "camera," film noir style) He was playing dumb and he was good at it. But not as good as I was.
- Tigger: (singing) Stripey McSnarl always gets his man, see?
- Rabbit: I really just wanted my picnic basket.
- Tigger: How long has the mopey guy been missing?
- Rabbit: I didn't say he was missing. I merely thought you might have seen him.
- Tigger: All right now, Floppy Toes, calm down, calm down. I can see you're upset a-a-and confused.
- Rabbit: I don't know what you're talking about!
- Tigger: See what I mean?
- Tigger: Aha!
- Pooh: (bonking his head on a table) Aah! Oh, hello Tigger.
- Tigger: The name's McSnarl, Stripey McSnarl.
- The featured song for this episode, "Stripey McSnarl Always Gets His Man" is Track 13 on the album Songs From The Book of Pooh. In the story itself, it is presented in black-and-white. In Tigger's band, Owl plays the violin, Pooh plays the drum and cymbal, Piglet plays the piano, Roo plays the trumpet and Kanga plays the guitar. Neither Kanga nor Roo are seen elsewhere in the story. "The Littlest Dinosnore" features a song by the same name.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.