To Dream the Impossible Scheme
|Season 4, Episode 7b|
October 19, 1991
Gopher’s Grandpappy is coming for a visit and when Gopher remembers of how his Grandpappy’s life-long dream is to build an above-ground-underground city and to win a “Pewter Pickaxe” contest and so when Grandpa doesn’t seem interested anymore, Gopher decides to build the above-ground-underground city himself, to please his Grandpappy, but when he finishes the project it collapses and it leads Gopher to realize that his Grandpappy likes to “dream rather than do” about building the city.
As Rabbit tries to plant his prized rutabaga potato, Gopher's Grandpappy comes for a visit leading Gopher to decide to help his Grandpappy accomplish his life-long dream of building an above-ground underground city and to win the “Pewter Pickaxe” contest Gopher is desperate to see him win. When Grandpappy doesn't seem interested in building the city Gopher builds it anyway but the thing collapses and Gopher realizes that his Grandpappy likes to “Dream rather than do” about building the city and Gopher’s friends throw a party for Gopher’s Grandpa.
|Jim Cummings||Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Grandpappy|
Interval Title Card
RUSSELL E. MOONEY
With the Talents of
Key Layout Design
Supervising Timing Director
Post Production Manager
Post Production Supervisor
Sound Dubbing Supervisor
Post Production Coordinators
Post Production Assistant
Managing Film Editor
Supervising Music Editor
BRIAN F. MARS
Songs Written and Produced by
Animation Production by
©1991 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- The episode title is a spoof on the song for the classic Don Quixote, “To Dream the Impossible Dream”
- This is Gopher’s Grandpa’s final appearance in the franchise.
- This episode marks the remain time to date in which Gopher's Tunnels are seen.
- The Episode is in Helping Others on VHS.
- Cecil E. Broughton is credited as Supervising Editor Cecil E. Broughton, M.P.S.E..
- Only Episode of Dialogue Editor Craig Paulsen.
- Last Episode of Continuity Coordinator Barbara Donatelli.