Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You is a special for Valentine’s Day. It was broadcast on ABC on February 13, 1999, then released on VHS on January 11, 2000 and again on January 9, 2001. It was released on DVD on June 15, 2010 and on Disney+ on February 11, 2022. It is based on the TV series The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The next Pooh feature is The Tigger Movie.
Winnie the Pooh searches for Christopher Robin, but cannot find him. He visits Piglet, who has not seen Christopher in a while, making Pooh realize he has not been around much lately. Piglet reveals that Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and they think Christopher Robin is making Valentines for them. They along with Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore, and Gopher find him writing a card, but learn it is for a “Winifred.” Unsure what a Winifred is, they all go to Owl who tells them it is a girl and explains in song what a girl is. He also says Christopher has been bitten by a Smitten and is love sick, which the others interpret to mean he is ill. Tigger suggests they capture another Smitten and make it bite Christopher Robin again to restore him back to how he was. He initially has Piglet disguise as a handsome boy holding a bouquet of flowers, but Piglet runs away after learning he is standing on top of an ant hill. At that moment, they all notice a firefly landing on Pooh's honey pot and think it is a Smitten. It flies away from them, scared by their shock of seeing it. They go searching for the firefly, being led to an unknown part of the Hundred Acre Wood where they get scared by the surroundings. They soon find the firefly and chase it. Pooh goes off far away and eventually catches the firefly, but finds himself lost. The others also get lost in different paths and start scaring themselves silly while searching for Pooh. Pooh lets the firefly go and follows it, which reunites him with the others after they also follow its light. Pooh recaptures the firefly and they all bring it to Christopher Robin. As Pooh is about to make the "Smitten" bite Christopher, he shows them his card for Winifred and asks for their opinion, to which they think his friend will like it. Pooh decides to let the firefly go after realizing Christopher Robin is happy, then heads home feeling sad. The next morning, everyone finds Christopher Robin has given them all cards too. Pooh finds Christopher and expresses how he thought he lost him as a friend for a new one, but Christopher assures Pooh in song he will always keep Pooh in his heart no matter what new friends he makes.
- Sing a Song with Tigger
- Winnie the Pooh Video Collection Promo
- Madeline: Lost in Paris
- Playhouse Disney Promo
Trailers (2001 Reprint)
- The Tigger Movie
- Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You/Rolie Polie Olie: Happy Hearts Day
- Winnie the Pooh Storybook Classics Collection Promo
- Spot Video Collection Promo
- Playhouse Disney Promo
- This marks Paul Winchell’s final role as Tigger. Following this special, John Fiedler would be the last active member of the original Winnie the Pooh cast.
- Pooh and friends appear to be unaware what girls or fireflies are, even though they have previously been show to know somewhat about girls in "Grown But Not Forgotten" and fireflies in "Me and My Shadow".
- Unusually, Pooh only addresses Christopher Robin by the first name "Christopher".
- Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger (singing voice)
- Paul Winchell as Tigger
- John Fiedler as Piglet (singing voiced by Steve Schatzberg)
- Peter Cullen as Eeyore
- Brady Bluhm as Christopher Robin (singing voiced by Frankie J. Galasso)
- Ken Sansom as Rabbit
- Michael Gough as Gopher
- Andre Stojka as Owl
- Dylan Watson as Eeyore (Singing voice)
- David Warner as the Narrator